VIBES 2015 Awards
You know what else is happening on May 7th? The official launch of the 2015 VIBES Awards in Glasgow at The Lighthouse, where guests will have the opportunity to hear from BAE Systems, winners of the 2014 management (large) category, Glasgow’s Green Year 2015, Zero Waste Scotland, The Lighthouse and from the team at VIBES.
IRT Surveys – Ambassadors for VIBES Awards
As past winners in the Best Environmental Product or Service category, at IRT Surveys we are delighted this year, to become Ambassadors for @VIBES_Awards, a leading environmental awards scheme with the aim to encourage efficient use of resources, improvement of environmental performance, enhancement of business competitiveness and support for wider sustainable development.
Nominations are open to all Scottish businesses of any size that employ environmental best practice in their day-to-day activity. Applications for this year’s awards will open from Thursday 7th of May 2015 and will close at 5pm on Monday 13th of July.
So if you know of, or have a Scottish business that makes efficient use of resources, improvement of environmental performance, enhancement of business competitiveness and support for wider sustainable development this is the event where you can nominate that business for a VIBES Award and meet with previous winners at free events across Scotland.
Previous winners include; BAE Systems Naval Ships, Jessie Mac’s B&B, Fife HARCA Ltd., IRT Surveys Ltd., Keenan Recycling Ltd., Peel Tech Ltd., Soilutions Ltd., Wind & Cloud Travel Ltd., GRAHAM Construction and Celtic Renewables Ltd.
Gillian Bruce, chair of VIBES Awards, said:
“As well as hearing from a number of previous winners, each event also provides great networking opportunities for like-minded businesses. In addition to these events, we will also host sessions designed to help businesses complete their application forms.”
VIBES is a strategic partnership between Scottish Environment Protection Agency, Scottish Government, Scottish Water, Scottish Enterprise, Highland and Islands Enterprise, Zero Waste Scotland, Energy Saving Trust and Scotland’s 2020 Climate Group. The Awards are further supported by CBI Scotland, the Institute of Directors, the Federation of Small Businesses and Bright Green Business.
For more information on VIBES, please visit www.vibes.org.uk. To request your attendance at one of the events, please register through Eventbrite www.vibesawards.eventbrite.co.uk or email: email@example.com
Other events to follow include:
- Glasgow – Thursday 7th May at The Lighthouse – 11 Mitchell Lane, Glasgow G1 3NU. Speakers: BAE Systems – winners of the 2014 VIBES Management (large) Award, Glasgow’s Green Year 2015, The Lighthouse and VIBES. Event from 4-7pm.
- Fife – Thursday 14th May at IVAN WOOD & SONS – Fresh Produce Unit, Eastfield Navity, Ballingry, Fife, KY5 8LR. Speakers: Peel Tech – winners of the 2014 VIBES Hydro Nation Award, Ivan Wood and VIBES. Event from 4-6pm.
- Edinburgh – Tuesday 19th May at Edinburgh Zoo – 134 Corstorphine Road, Edinburgh EH12 6TS. Speakers: Edinburgh Zoo, Soilutions – winners of the 2014 VIBES Circular Economy Award and VIBES. Event from 4-6pm.
- Dumfries & Galloway – Wednesday 20th May at Cairndale Hotel – English Street, Dumfries, DG1 2DF. Speakers: Resource Efficient Scotland (RES), Home Energy Scotland, Scottish Enterprise and VIBES. Event from 5.30-8pm.
- Inverness – Wednesday 27th May at Highland and Islands Enterprise – Fraser House, Friar’s Lane, Inverness, IV1 1BA. Speakers: HIE and VIBES. Event from 4-6pm.
- Aberdeen – Thursday 28th May at Robert Gordon University Business School- Garthdee House, Garthdee Road, Aberdeen, AB10 7QB. Speakers: Robert Gordon University, Enviroco and VIBES. Event from 5-8.30pm.
- Scottish Borders – Thursday 28th May at The Waterwheel Cafe, Philiphaugh, Selkirk. Speakers: Emtelle UK Limited – winners of the 2007 VIBES Medium Company Award and VIBES. A tour of the Hydro Scheme will be available. Event from 4.30 – 6.30pm